Can I take an NHA certification exam if I’m still in high school or currently enrolled in a GED program?

If you are scheduled to graduate from an accredited high school or GED program, you may receive a provisional certification as long as you meet the following requirements:

  • You must take and pass your exam no more than 12 months before you graduate.
  • When applying for full certification after graduation, you must provide proof of graduation (high school diploma or GED).

Please note: Provisionally certified candidates will have a “P” associated with their certification number.

Provisional certifications expire 12 months after your exam date and cannot be renewed or reinstated. Provisional certifications may be converted to full certifications by meeting all certification eligibility requirements. Once your provisional certification is converted to a full certification, the expiration date will be based on your initial testing date. To keep your full certification valid, you must complete the standard continuing education requirements. Provisional certification is not available to candidates sitting for the ExCPT Pharmacy Technician exam.

For full details on provisional certification eligibility, see page 11 of the NHA candidate handbook